Friday, October 21, 2016

Whiplash

By Bob Cox

Tony Shannon was waiting in traffic in his car on another hot summer day in Sacramento this past August when out of nowhere, a car from behind slammed violently into his at about 40 miles per hour. The sudden and unexpected impact caused his head to violently lunge forward and then back while the rest of his torso remained protected by the seat belt he was wearing. According to Tony, it was a young kid who was texting while he was driving.

It didn’t take long for him to suffer the excruciatingly painful symptoms of severe whiplash, so he followed up on a referral from a friend, who recommended that he visit Dr. Beth Blakely in Carmichael.  From the moment he met Dr. Blakely, Tony knew he was in excellent hands. “She’s the most competent chiropractor that I’ve ever experienced. She educates you as she practices on you. She teaches you about everything she is doing as she works on you and that’s what makes her incredible. I’ve learned so much about my cervical and lumbar vertebrae and I’ve also learned a lot about my atlas, so I’ll always go back to her”, explained Tony.

Tony has also experienced all the special devices Dr. Blakely uses to help her patients get better, which includes an inclining table, a hand held vibrating massager and special tools that help realign the spine and atlas, as well as an amazing hot waterbed massage table that sends me into dreamland just thinking about it. It is truly that relaxing! “After I leave her office, I always walk away feeling 100 times better than when I walked in. So, I’m really grateful for that. I now only have some discomfort in my neck of course, but it’s not nearly as bad as when I first walked into her office”, said Tony.


When I asked Tony if he had anything else he wanted to add, he exclaimed: “Anyone who wants to be practiced on by a knowledgeable and competent chiropractor that educates you as she practices on you, Dr. Beth Blakely is the one to go to, she’s incredible”!

No comments: