Friday, October 21, 2016

The Gift of a Clean Car

By Bob Cox

Before bringing my car to Carmichael Car Wash, I had been extremely satisfied with the folks that washed my car back in the stone ages we’ll call BCC (Before Carmichael Car Wash). I had never been to a car wash that exceeded their high quality work, speed and affordable prices. However, the only negative thing that caught my eye was a growing number of hitch-hikers better known as grimy smudges that had grown in numbers on my door panels since I first purchased my car two years ago. I guess that’s bound to happen when you deliver 10,000 magazines covered in ink every month! 

I had thought about breaking out the simple green for the past few months and eliminate those pesky little critters that I could’ve given names to, like Greasy Rider, Marky Mark and Dirty Harry, but staying seated in my recliner seemed like a much better idea. Then, after I entered the modern era of civilization and brought my car to Carmichael Car Wash, we’ll call this period ACC (After Carmichael Car Wash), I was completely awestruck by how clean my car looked; both inside and out after I got my first full service wash.

My car hadn’t been that clean since I drove it off the lot, but I couldn’t exactly put my finger on why it felt so much cleaner until I looked down and to the left. That’s when I first realized that all my doors panels had been thoroughly wiped clean. When I mentioned this to General Manager Claudia Lopez and Detail Manager Gama Pedroza, they both nodded and smiled because that’s the way they roll out every car at Carmichael Car Wash.

Dirt doesn’t stand a chance at Carmichael Car Wash as not one; not two but several friendly and detail oriented workers attack each car with mass quantities of towels, cleaning solutions and elbow grease. I sat down with Claudia and Gama to find out why they love cleaning cars cleaner so much.

Q: Do you think it’s worth sacrificing some speed to spend more time on delivering a higher quality service? 

A: Yes, we take a few extra minutes and clean areas of the car that other car washes ignore. We offer four different full service car wash packages, but with every full service package, we vacuum out the interior, wipe down the dash, console and door panels and clean the windows, inside and out. We go around each car, inside and out, several times to make sure it’s thoroughly clean and dry.

Q: What have been the biggest changes since Carmichael Car Wash took over this location this past summer?

A: The previous owners only offered drive through express washes and self service interior cleaning options. We have continued to offer that service but are now offering full service car washes and a variety of detail services as well.

Q: What else makes Carmichael Car Wash different and unique?

A: We love exceeding our customer’s expectations and watching them drive away happy. We’re very friendly and we try to remember all of our customers by name.

Q: Can you tell us about your detailing services here at Carmichael Car Wash?

A: We offer a variety of detailing packages, including interior and exterior detailing, headlight restoration and hard water spot removal. We work on all cars, SUV’s, trucks, RV’s and boats.

Q: You’re now offering gift certificates at discounted rates. Can you tell us what options you have available?

A: Yes, we now have three different car wash gift card packages. You can purchase a $50 gift card for just $40, a $100 gift card for just $75 and a $200 gift card for just $150! These gift cards will make great Christmas gifts, especially during the wet and dirty winter months with all the rain, mud, leaves, wind and even snow for those travelling down from the mountains.  

Q: Do you wash cars covered in snow any differently than other car washes?

A: Yes, because when snow dries, it becomes very abrasive like sandpaper and it can scratch the paint if you try to wipe it off by hand. At other washes, many employees will send their cars through the wash without spraying them down first, and we’ve heard from several of our customers about the terrible damage this has caused to their paint. When a car comes here covered in snow, we always spray the car down first to make sure all the dried up snow has been removed. This not only protects the vehicle with the snow, but also the cars that go into the wash after the snow covered car, as the snow tends to get stuck in the automated wash and transferred to the next vehicles.

 Q: Can you give us an update on your waiting area?

A: Yes, we’re in the process of remodeling our waiting area. We currently have lots of comfortable seating, a big screen TV and massage chairs. Hopefully in the near future we will have a wide variety of merchandise and refreshments available for sale.
        
Editor’s notes: For more information about Carmichael Car Wash, visit their facility at 6505 Fair Oaks Bl. in Carmichael, CA (Just north of Marconi Ave.). Their phone number is (916) 488-3274 and their website is www.yourcleanride.com.

No comments: