Monday, November 21, 2016

The Day my phone Drowned

By Joyce Blonskij

A while back, my mobile phone had an unfortunate water accident. I did everything I thought was right, which turned out to be wrong. I turned it off immediately and put it in a bag of rice. I turned it back on to see if it still worked and I could see water behind it. I thought maybe I could just change the screen and figured how hard could that be?
I watched a YouTube video and then I realized that was going to be too much work for me. I got back on the internet to see where I could send it because it didn’t have any kind of warranty and I didn’t want to spend another $600 to get a new phone. While on the internet, I saw a company called iParts and read about this 13 year old kid named Alika Salazar that started the business basically out of his house. He got so busy; he actually opened a store not too far from where my office was. So I decided to take it over there.
After I told Alika what happened, he said let’s see what we can do. I loved the fact that he said that if we can fix it, it will probably be around $90 but if we couldn’t fix it, it would be free. So, they had the phone for a couple of days and they did this and they did that to it and he finally came back to me and said it’s no charge because your phone is a goner.
Now, even though I didn’t get the results I was hoping for, they did such a good job and gave me such good customer service, I walked away happy. I knew if my phone was going to be resurrected, these were the people who were going to do it. Unfortunately, I had done something horrible that I didn’t realize at the time, which was to turn it back on while it was still wet inside.
After this experience, I became an immediate fan. Even though my phone didn’t have a happy ending, I did because since then, I have sent over hundreds of people with cracked screens and water damaged phones. Ever since Alika educated me, I’ve told people with water damaged phones to turn them off and not to turn them back on. For everybody that I’ve sent over there, he’s been able to resurrect their phones and they have come back raving fans!   

Editor’s notes: Joyce Blonskij is an optimal wealth advisor, health coach and an international best-selling author. Her business address is 7840 Madison Avenue, Suite #107 Fair Oaks, CA 95628 and her phone number is (916) 534-7327. 

No comments: