Monday, November 21, 2016

Life After 70 mph Collision

By Bob Cox

Back in 1967, Edward Kuck was a young man living in very uncertain times. Nearly half a million American troops were fighting in Vietnam, Israel went to war with Egypt, Syria and Jordan and a huge riot broke out in Detroit that summer, which required 7,000 members of the National Guard to come in and restore order. While all this chaos was happening around the world, Edward was patiently waiting in heavy traffic for the red light to turn green. He had just shifted his car into park when he looked into his rear view mirror and noticed a car approaching at a very high speed. 

“I was the first car in a 20 car pileup that did not rear end the car in front of me because I never tailgate. I saw the car approaching and I thought it wasn’t going to stop and it didn’t. The highway patrol reported that the driver hit me at 70 miles per hour”, recalled Edward.

Miraculously enough, Edward walked away from that enormous impact without a scratch. It wasn’t until this past summer when he started to experience some painful symptoms; nearly five decades later!
The pain was so excruciating he had to rely on a cane to stand up and move around. “My leg would give out on me and I needed the support”, said Edward.

As the pain increased and his mobility decreased, Edward’s primary medical doctor handed him the business card of a holistic chirpractor named Dr. Beth Blakely and encouraged him to go see her. After a thorough analysis of Edward’s medical background, Dr. Blakely rolled up her sleeves and went to work.
“Dr. Blakely was able to get my neck and lower back into adjustment. She said it was way out of whack and curved to the right. Right after she adjusted my neck and lower spine, I began to feel better. Now, just a couple of months later, I’ve got my freedom back. I went in slumped over, relying on a cane and I am now pain free, standing straight with no cane”, exclaimed Edward.

Edward feels extremely grateful to his doctor for his sage advice to see Dr. Blakely. “I think she is definitely over the top as far as personality. She made me feel very welcome and I just like her personality. From the moment I met her, she made me feel very much at ease and I would recommend her to anyone in pain.
 

No comments: