Sunday, September 27, 2015

One Life after an Auto Accident

By Bob Cox

When Kristina Holm-Bittner was involved in a car accident two days before Thanksgiving last year, she knew she was in trouble. Her doctor ordered x-rays but they didn’t find anything wrong. Unfortunately, Kristina’s neck and back continued hurting for several months.
She was at church one day and was sharing her experience with a lady friend who recommended that she see Dr. Beth Blakely. Kristina told her she was extremely skeptical of chiropractors and that she couldn’t afford it, but her friend recommended that she go see her at least one time for a thorough consultation and evaluation.

Fortunately, Kristina took her friend’s advice and she’s getting her life back. I had the opportunity to speak to Kristina the other day about her experience working with Dr. Blakely.

Q: What symptoms did you have after your car accident?
A: I had pain in my neck and lower back and was getting by on pain medication. When I first met Dr. Blakely, I had a real positive feeling and was impressed by her. She helped me understand her whole treatment process. She began by recommending that I see a pain consult doctor and ask for an MRI, which my regular doctor did not do. The pain consult doctor gave me two epidural injections and the pain in my knee that I had for years completely disappeared! They told me that my knee pain originated in my back and probably got worse because of the accident.

Q: Why were you skeptical of chiropractors?
A: I was really, really skeptical because I’m a nurse.

Q: What else has Dr. Blakely done specifically to help you?
A: Her adjustments have really helped. When I first came in, she measured my legs and said that one leg was shorter than the other and that we needed to get my spine in alignment. I was really skeptical and thought that was bogus, but her adjustment worked! I can really feel the difference after each adjustment. I also mentioned that my vitamin D level was low, despite following my doctor’s recommendations for the previous three years. She suggested that I increase my dosage eight times and I thought “What?”, but I did and it worked! My daughter had the same problem, so I told her what Dr. Blakely recommended, so she’s helped my daughter too! The last time I went to the doctor, my vitamin D level was normal.

Q: How much better do you feel after seeing Dr. Blakely?

A: Since I started seeing her last February, my neck does not bother me at all and it’s 100% better! My back is still not right, but I’m at least 60%-70% better. We do a lot of lifting and a lot of hard physical work in health care, so I really need my health. That’s why I decided to continue to see her two times a month. Dr. Blakely has made a big difference in my life! 

No comments: