Monday, April 24, 2017

A Message from Your Four Wheeled Friend

By Dave Trux

I’ve heard several drivers recently say that spring is in the air, and I’m sure that must be true, despite the record setting deluge of the wet stuff falling from the clouds these past few months. Why am I so confident about what season we’re in? Because I’ve been watching you buzzing around the house, cleaning and organizing everything under the roof, including my crib that you refer to as the garage.

While I do appreciate all your hard work to make my space cleaner and more organized, I am feeling a bit neglected and underappreciated these days. After all, you’re giving the house all your time, energy and attention while I’m out here alone in the cold, shivering in darkness for hours at a time. Where’s the love?

Don’t I deserve a day at the spa; I mean the mechanics shop for a much needed once-over? After all, I’ve been dutifully protecting you and your precious family from the elements, including torrential downpours and howling rain, not to mention those nasty tire eating potholes, whisking you all about town in your various travels from point A to Point B.

Okay, I see you’re now laughing at the idea of spring cleaning for your car, but I’m serious. Just look at the nasty dirt caked on my cabin air filter! Did you know that stuff was once floating in the air you and the family have been breathing for months with those windows rolled up tight all winter? And don’t get me started on that other filter lurking under the hood!

I don’t mean to be a nag, but even though the weather outside has transitioned from frightful to delightful; the long and scorching days of summer will be here before you know it. Wouldn’t this be the perfect time to give the old air conditioner a quick test run, just to make sure it’s blowing cold air (unlike the hot air I’ve been blowing at you this entire article)? Or even better; why not give me a much needed day off at the spa for a thorough spring cleaning. I hear they’re offering that at Valley Motorwerks!


No comments: