Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Finding Relief from Arthritis

By Bob Cox

According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly one-fourth of the adult U.S. population suffers from arthritis. Overall, 22.7% (52.5 million) of adults reported doctor-diagnosed arthritis. The prevalence of arthritis increases with age and is higher among women (23.9%) than men (18.6%) in every age group.
Arthritis is defined by The Mayo Clinic as inflammation in one or more of the joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The main goals of arthritis treatments are to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
Just before Joeetha Conley first saw Dr. Blakely, she was experiencing an increasing level of pain and fatigue caused by arthritis. “I started seeing Dr. Blakely’s shortly after she had helped my husband. I was in a lot of pain and was really tired”. I was suffering from arthritis and had a lot of pain and stiffness. I also felt tired all the time. My doctor had told me that the prednisone I was taking had made me anemic and that was likely why I was so tired”, said Joeetha.

With the help of Dr. Blakely, Joeetha has a renewed sense of optimism and a healthy outlook on life. “I'm not tired like I used to be and I feel better each time I see Dr. Blakely. She has really changed my life. About a month ago, my Rheumatologist said could go off the prednisone since I was only taking two and a half milligrams. Even with that low dosage, I was experiencing chronic fatigue. With the combination of adjustments and supplements I’m taking, I’m feeling much better”, explained Joeetha.

Along with getting relief from arthritis, Joeetha has received other health benefits that she credits Dr. Blakely with. “My digestive system was really messed up and she recommended aloe vera and has really helped. Even though I haven't been able to completely get rid of my arthritis, it’s much better. Dr. Blakely is a really wonderful and caring person”, said Joeetha.


No comments: