Saturday, October 25, 2014

Line-X of Rancho Cordova

Spray on Bedliners & So Much More

By Bob Cox

When I paid a visit to Tyrone Miller, the new owner of Line-X in Rancho Cordova, I asked him what’s been the greatest challenge or surprise since he took over the reins. I was shocked when he answered “Keeping up with all the new business!”

After enduring all the lean years created by the Great Recession, I've grown accustomed to hearing business owners lament over not having enough customers to keep up with the bills. It’s thoroughly refreshing to hear from more entrepreneuers that are happily complaining about being overwhelmed by too much business.

In just three short months, Tyrone has managed to triple his business! He’s attributed his rapid growth to staying in his showroom longer and greeting people as soon as they come through the door. He’s also made the commitment to answer the phone as soon as it rings and respond to online inquiries promptly.

Tyrone also credits his background in sales for his rapid ascent. “I've been in the sales and service industry since even before high school. I spent the next 12 years following college in the industry in the mid-west, where customer service is quite different. Back there, everybody is treated like family and that’s what we’re doing here. I've spent over a decade in the aftermarket industry, the past four years in outside sales for a wholesale distributor of aftermarket truck and jeep accessories.


Q: What factors led you to purchase a Line-X franchise?

A: I've spent over a decade in the aftermarket industry in outside sales for a wholesale distributor of aftermarket truck and jeep accessories. The previous owner of Line-X in Rancho Cordova was one of my customers. He was ready to retire and my family and I were ready to buy a franchise. The Rancho Cordova franchise had the same outstanding spray technician (David) for over 12 years and that was very important to me. I've helped my clients grow their businesses for many years, so I wanted to settle down, stay close to home rather than travelling all over Northern California. I like this community and wanted to practice what I've been preaching by growing my own business and serving my customers.

Q: What changes and improvements have you made so far?

A: We've recently remodeling the whole showroom and look forward to offering even better service and more products. We also just got certified to spray color match Line-X.

Q: Have you found that your background has helped you become a better Line-X dealer?

A: Yes. I know where to find the products my customers need and get them at the right price.

Q: What was it about Line-X that stood out above the rest of all the aftermarket truck companies?

A: Well, it was a great opportunity. I was able to take over something that’s been very successful for 12 years. As far as the Line-X brand, it’s just the best in the industry. Most of my competitors offer generic brands, so I see a difference in the quality of other products. Also, the versatility of the product is greater with Line-X. Our protective coatings can be applied to just about anything. We have a huge selection of truck accessories. We offer a nationwide support system to back our lifetime warranty. With over 300 locations nationwide and 500 locations worldwide, we've made it easier for our customers to find a dealer nearby to honor every warranty. We also have lifetime guarantees on all Truck Gear by Line-X truck accessories.

Q: Did you do any research before becoming a Line-X franchisee?

A: Yes, in the last year, I asked all my customers that owned Line-X franchises if they would choose Line-X again and they all said “absolutely”! I asked them, “You mean, you have no regrets about owning a franchise? They told me, no, it’s the best thing you can ever do”. The Line-X brand has the industry’s highest standards and that appealed to me.

Q: Is the Line-X brand a superior quality product?

A: Absolutely. I’m drawn to products that have high quality.

Q: What’s new and hot at Line-X?

A: We have the versality of color now in either standard or premium applications. Our Premium product offers a UV protectant that prevents fading. We now offer color matching and no one else in the industry is doing this.

Q: Line-X is primarily known for spray on bedliners. What other products and services do you offer?

A: We have a huge selection of accessories, like Weathertech floor liners, BAK Industries tonneau covers, tool boxes, lumber racks, nerf bars and just about any kind of protection for your truck, van or trailer. We also spray boat decks and interiors. We've done a lot of work on the inside and outside of trailers and vans.

Q: Are you accepting more fleet accounts?

A: Yes, and we offer volume discounts and fast turnaround!


No comments: